At HaoExpression we believe you can start ballet at any age, and we open many opportunities for adults to progress and perform. Each of our faculty members is deeply rooted in a tradition of ballet, bringing to you the best from each world:
- Paris Opera Ballet Method - HAO LUECKHOFF
- Vaganova Method - DAWN SUE, JOYCE ARANDA and Rudy Candia
- Royal Academy of Dance Method: Ommi Pipit-Suksun, and Kirsten Livingston
- Balanchine Style: TIAN TAN
- A.B.T. Method : BRYN GRAHAM
- Undefined: MIKHAEL PLAIN, ERIN MCMAHON
*(Local instructors have their name capitalized, remote teachers teach through Zoom while dancers take class in the studio or from home).
Class levels indicate the level in which the class is taught, but we leave up to the dancers to attend the level they desire.
Our studio is small enough for teachers to give individual attention and corrections, thus help their students reach their next level of technique and artistry.
Learning Ballet is like learning a language. First you learn simple words, make simple sentence, then more complexe sentence, then you are able to express your emotions, and tell a story.
At HaoExpression, in Beginning Level classes you'll learn all the basic ballet words you'll need to make short simple sentences. In Intermediate Ballet level, you'll learn even more complexe words and say longer sentences. In variation/choreography classes, you'll learn a set of sentences that tells a short story. In performances, you'll all get together to tell a long story to the audience.
The document below shows at which level a Ballet word is introduced at HaoExpression. Check your Ballet fluency and pick a class level that's suitable for you.
WHAT TO WEAR
- dance tights or leggings (everyday tights are often too sheer for a dance environment)
- optional dance skirt
- Hair in a bun or pulled back neatly
- Ballet slippers
- No dangling jewelries
- fitting top
- dance belt
- men's dance tights or leggings (men's dance tights are opaque and provide the appropriate level of modesty)
- Ballet slippers
- hair off the face and neck