Movement Theater is an improvisation-based dance/movement and acting that focuses on free expression within a score given by the teacher. It enables children to discover their inner ability to express emotions and imaginations. It helps develop their creativity, confidence, self-expression and problem-solving skills.
Hao utilizes techniques from the Tamalpa Life/Art Process® created by postmodern dance pioneer Anna Halprin and expressive arts pioneer Daria Halprin.
This method combines movement, voice, drawing, and wording to support authentic expression.
Class incorporates expressive movements, meditative centering, expression exercises, drawing, word play and other creative activities.
Wear fitting comfortable clothing. Bundle hair away from face. Class is conducted bare feet.
Recommended for those who have a strong drive to express themselves authentically. No experience required.
Hao Lueckhoff, Tamalpa Practitioner, ISMETA Registered Somatic Movement Educator
WHEN & WHERE
- Monday 4-5pm at the Sunnyvale Community Center: 3rd-5th grades - Peter and Wendy
- Wednesday 4:30-5:30pm at HaoEx[ression studio: 1st-2nd grades - Peter and Wendy
- Friday 4-5:30pm at the Sunnyvale Community Center: Middle and High School Ages - Aristos, the Epic of Achilles and Patroclus.
- High School and Young Adults: Sunday 11am-12:30pm at HaoExpression studio - Aristos, the Epic of Achilles and Patroclus.
- First and third Sunday of each month 12:30-2pm - Aristos, the Epic of Achilles and Patroclus.
The musical features multiple principal roles and plenty of colorful ensemble characters, both singing and non-singing. All roles afford many opportunities for expressive movement, voice, and acting.
If you are interested in playing in the pit orchestra or assisting in any other aspects of the show, contact us!
● Selected clips from the 2019 reading.
● Full playlist on YouTube
- Group 1: Sunday 10:30am-2pm at HaoExpression Studio
- Group 2: Friday 4-5pm at Sunnyvale Community Center, Theater Dance Studio
- All Cast: Every first and third Sunday of the month, 12:30-2pm at HaoExpression Studio
- Tech & Dress Rehearsals: Wednesday April 1st, 2020, 4-6pm
- Performance: Sunday April 5th, 2020, 1pm and 5pm
Hao has a very good contact with children and they love coming to her classes. Body expression is a very good way to connect with one's emotions. I had the opportunity to collaborate several times with Hao for children and I highly recommend her work with them.